Monday, January 24, 2011

Love Letter to My Ladies



I don’t know how it is for men, but for women, in general, it’s very important to have another female whom you trust and care about who is on the same page as you. There have been a few things that have happened where I needed my girlfriends to understand and be on my side. Even when they can’t fully relate to the situation, they are supportive and it makes the biggest difference.

I think that no matter how loving your relationship is with your boyfriend or husband, you still need your girls. Women understand the jealousy, the insecurity, the desires that we all have. I’m so grateful for my girls who make me feel like a normal human being, who love me no matter what crazy bent I may be on for the week or wild bitchy mood I may be in-they accept me for me, and give me what I need to get through whatever difficulty is happening in my life.

Women are challenging creatures. By no means do I believe that we are all honest, up front, our love/friendship is not always unconditional. But when you do make that connection to another woman who is as open as you, as real you, it’s fulfilling. It’s also lonely when you don’t have those women around you all the time. My women are in California, D.C., Maryland and Vienna. We don’t talk everyday, or even every week, but when we do talk, text or email, it’s as satisfying as being together in person. I know they mean it when they say they understand, I believe when they tell me the truth and that they love me.

Thank you ladies for your friendship. I hope you feel that you receive the same from me. 

1 comment: